Obtained some glue, brushes, and more paint, so ready to build and undercoat the Storm of Sigmar set.
Building the AOS minis was messier than I remembered. Construction has always been my favorite part of the "hobby," but Games Workshop has sharply reduced the customizability of their models. These are monopose, so it took a little work to make sure they were assembled correctly. They are also designed in such a way that you almost have to puzzle them together - for example one of these figures has the back and one leg matching up with the other leg and one arm!
![]() |



A good start. Normally by this point I would be trying to unglue my fingers.
ReplyDeleteAt first I nearly did, before I learned to dry-fit and work out where the connections were BEFORE I added glue!
DeleteGW figures are not the easiest things to put together in the first place and those guys do indeed look complicated with all the doohickeys and thingumajigs sprouting off them. 😀
ReplyDeleteI understand that's deliberate, to deter recasters. I loved their kits when I started over 20 years ago, because you could mix and match pieces from any kit - no longer.
Delete