Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Shopping spree

Some of which is probably going to end up in my Closet of Shame, but whaddya gonna do?

The rest of the haul from vendors and a brief but intense flea market (lots of people in line to get in):
  • About fifteen six-siders from the Rebels and Patriots game (the entire collection had belonged to a friend of the GM, who was distributing some of his stuff). I rolled well throughout the game, so maybe they're lucky!
  • A Lockheed Electra toy, which will come in handy for Women's History and Aviation Month displays. Would have come in handy if I hadn't discovered after getting home that the wings weren't in the box. They're on the way.
  • Some painted 28 mm models I can use for VBCW - naval shore party, Mounties, Chinese warlord troops in reasonably British uniform, and two armed vehicles. 


  • 18 naval troops, including Lewis guns and Molotov Cocktails.

  • A couple primed tanks and trucks that may work for VBCW too.
  • A binder of Fistful of Lead rules, including some cards, status markers, etc. Think I'll definitely use this for Picacho Pass now!
  • A box of Armies in Plastic Rogers' Rangers.
  • A Sisters of Battle t-shirt to go with...
  • An entire smallish army of well-painted classic Sisters - about fifty figures and three vehicles. 3rd Edition 40K, here I come! They'll catch the teens' attention, too - see next post.

  • To play against them, a not so well-painted batch of Thousand Sons. Not as smart a purchase, but much cheaper.
  • An entire smallish army of WWII British for the desert war - fifty figs, two trucks, armored car and tank, which could be an entire army for most VBCW rulesets.
  • Some spare 40K sprues of ruined buildings, Orks, Horus Heresy Marines and 3rd ed. Dark Eldar. For build-and-takes, or maybe Gorkamorka.
  • 3rd edition 40K Ork and Dark Eldar codexes to go with the sprues.
  • A starter set of Wings of War WWI.
  • Some metalled roads, useful for 40K or VBCW alike.
  • Some 15mm-scale prickly pear (getting pumped about Picacho Pass now!), hedges and stone walls (for my 18th-century Wofuns).
  • A couple painted 3d-printed 28mm-scale Rohirrim buildings for Minceheim. 
  • A few more books - a history of the USAAF in WWII, one about the Tet Offensive, and the First Bull Run volume of Knight's Battles for Wargamers.

7 comments:

  1. Quite a windfall! No shame in picking up bargains for something you might use some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough. I did get to use the Battle Sisters today, at work even!

      Delete
    2. That's rare these days, but working at it!

      Delete
  2. Wow! That’s quite a haul. All over the place too. Good shoppin. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda expected it; you always get a broad selection at a convention. I was focused on finding terrain and VBCW, the rest was opportunistic but I hope to get some use out of it regardless.

      Delete