It took a while, but I managed to build up sufficient models for a typical Dragon Rampant game of 24 points a side. Maybe Sunday I'll play a solo round to try it out.
I'll need it - working three days, two of them with major programs that will stress me out. I think of wargaming as a way to be violent without getting arrested - basically the opposite of what "moral guardians" think it does for you.
Forces of Good:
- 12 Elf Archers: Light Missiles, Sharpshooter (6 points)
- 12 Halfling Militia: Light Foot (4 points)
- 6 Halfling Archers: Scouts (2 points)
- 6 Halfling Archers: Scouts (2 points)
- 12 Rangers: Light Foot, Mixed Weapons (5 points)
- Great Eagle: Lesser Warbeast, Flying (6 points)
Forces of Evil:
Not shown: one Boar-rider base, and Giant.
- 12 Orc Spearmen: Heavy Foot (4 points)
- 12 Orc Spearmen: Heavy Foot (4 points)
- 6 Goblin Boar-riders: Heavy Riders (4 points)
- 6 Goblin Boar-riders: Heavy Riders (4 points)
- 12 Goblin Archers: Light Missiles (4 points)
- 12 Goblins with hand weapons: Bellicose Foot (4 points)
I'm leaving out commanders for the moment.
I think I've got a good mix of units to test here. On one side, elites, a flyer and three different types of missile troops - on the other, an aggressive powerful, mobile force.
I've also built in the last day or two, more to relax than build usable forces , a unit of Prussian hussars:
![]() |
| Since pistols aren't visible, they could be Light or even Heavy Riders. |
![]() |
| Eight figures per base, so trickier to fit into the 6/12 figure units of Dragon Rampant. Perhaps three bases could represent two units that just happen to work together. Definitely Bellicose Foot. |
It's been a long week, and it's getting longer. See you next time, and thanks for reading.



Looking great. Hope they do the job with anger management and stress relief.
ReplyDeleteI think they will. I'm planning to play SOMETHING tomorrow, come hell or high water.
DeleteThe paper fantasy figures look really good !
ReplyDeletePeter Dennis' illustrations are remarkably charming, and plenty of variety too, a bit like my favorite comic book illustrators.
ReplyDelete