Via my gaming group's mailing list, I bought an ACW Epic starter set thru an estate sale. It's not Paperboys, but it does have Peter Dennis's artwork on the cover!
I've meant to buy Black Powder for a long time, though I doubt I'll play it; my group prefers other rulesets. The minis are nice, though. I won't paint them, but use them for my solo games and possibly at work.
I had hoped not to glue the model strips to their bases, but turns out they don't fit snugly into the holes. White glue seems to work, though I've used plastic glue on the cannon and commanders. I'd like to use them with Junior General rules, counting each base as two to save space and build larger armies, and pluck one strip from a base for odd casualties. The alternative is casualty figures - at least the paper ones are cheap. So far, I've clipped out and assembled two frames each of Union and Confederate - this will represent three regiments, one gun and a general each side, enough to run Sawmill Village as a demo.
| Photo taken in daylight (but the shade). Any better? |
I know I keep saying this and falling through, but I hope to try a small game at work next week and, if it works, plan something bigger.
Undecided for the next post. Three possibilities, all testing my new 2x4 folding table outside:
- Another 3x3 Portable WWII Wargame
- Test round of Sawmill Village with Junior General ACW rules
- Next round of my nearly forgotten '45 campaign
No comments:
Post a Comment