Saturday, February 25, 2023

Another delivery

Ordered a handful of gaming tools and bits from Games Workshop, and received them remarkably quickly for the free shipping (I was quoted nine business days, got it in three).

  • Some 25mm bases for the Ork Boyz I've been sorting.
Two flat clear plastic bags containing flat, black, round bases. The bags are labeled "Warhammer.com" with a stylized hammer logo.
  • A drill to help assemble the metal Ork Nobs. I've never needed to pin a mini before, but superglue isn't working this time. The tool doesn't come with instructions, so I'll need to find some and learn to use it properly. Probably also need a vise.
A rectangular tray containing a box of four drill bits, and a smooth cylindrical drill. The drill has a textured, cylindrical metal wheel in the center.
  • A painting handle. Might seem superfluous, but I've watched it in action on Youtube for a while now, and I understand the appeal. Looking forward to trying it.
A contoured black handle with white Citadel logo. At the top is a spring-loaded holder containing the base of a bright pewter miniature. The miniature is an Orc with long horns on its helmet, holding a tall, skull-faced standard.
  • A painting-water cup. I threw it in mostly to get to the point of free shipping, but it's got a couple of handy features. Scores in the inner face to keep your brush pointy, and a curious "lip" that can hold a brush or two out of the cup (all those reminders of not leaving them in the water or smushed against the bottom!).
A grey plastic mug without a handle, the bottom wider than the top. There are thin grooves at the back, and chips at the front creating a lip, which holds a slim red paintbrush. Impressed on the side of the mug is the Citadel logo - a shield surrounded by a splash of paint.
  • And a free book - a sampler of five short stories from the latest series. A fine taster for the Warhammer worlds - when I finish it I might try passing it around the teens at work.
A slim, squarebound book with the title "Black Library Celebration 2023" and the word "FREE" in the upper right corner. A card bookmark juts from the book, with the words "The Islander Bookshop." The cover illustration is greyscale, and shows three soldiers with laser guns and body armor. The center soldier is a young woman with a determined expression, pointing and giving a command.

2 comments:

  1. the drill is a handy tool for large metal miniatures. I have the paint handle and cup as well. 😁

    ReplyDelete