Huh.
I don't feel like I've accomplished as much this last year - gaming as well as blogging.
Year 1: 61 posts.
Year 2: 71 posts.
Year 3: 48 posts.
While the club has become more active, especially this year, I still haven't gotten there as often as I like. They are doing more weekday games now, which provides more opportunities, which I haven't always taken advantage of. I also hoped to go to Recon again, but an aging and picky cat has prevented me from being away from home for more than 24 hours. One member is planning a The Longest Day extravaganza - watch the movie, then play an epic game. Whether I'm willing to spend all afternoon on it, I dunno yet. I'm somewhere between depression and laziness at present, or maybe Executive Dysfunction, which is why I've been reading and picking away at my projects rather than anything more productive.
I did get to a local con last week, but not, strictly speaking, for gaming. I was helping man the library presence. In addition to a booth on the "floor", we were given an activity room to do as we liked, which meant crafts and board games. I hoped to demonstrate some one-page RPGs and Paperboys figure-building, but failed to prepare properly (under the assumption that a: it would be easy to find dice at a geek convention and b: that my coworkers would bring plenty of scissors). Will do better next time - another local con comes up in July, then Hurricon in September. (I won't be able to get away in August.)
The chess club at work is going well; since chess doesn't really appeal to me, I've been experimenting with variants and a few other games. My Scottish Museum version of Tafl -

Congratulations on three years of blogging! Publishing about one post per week is a good, sustainable pace. There is more to the hobby than painting and gaming. Research and thinking about Wargaming takes up considerable time and energy. Looking forward to Year Four.
ReplyDeleteThat's true enough. I think I can sustain it. I certainly have managed a minimum of two a month, and sometimes enthusiasm carries me onward... Thanks!
DeleteCongratulations! Your blog is always a very enjoyable read!
ReplyDeleteHere’s to the next three years!
All the best,
Bob
Your games are among those I mean to play more in the coming year. Thanks for the encouragement!
DeleteCongratulations on 3 years! You posts are enjoyable reads. And defintley more to the hobby than playing. The last few years have seen me spend way more time writing and tinkering with rules than actually playing, the latter doing very little at all.
ReplyDeleteI know I'm not alone in that. Thanks very much for the encouragement.
Delete