I bit the bullet and used my Wargames Illustrated subscription coupon for a Wargames Atlantic purchase. I have this on the way, and it should come on Monday.
| It doesn't help that the box illustration is by Peter Dennis. |
Speaking of Peter Dennis, I stopped at Michaels today. Couldn't find any "greycard" (the stuff at the end of notebooks), which is a bit heftier than the business cards I'm used to using as Paperboys bases. So I decided to try some "chipboard" for Cricut machines. I also picked up a knife and a small cutting board, as more Paperboys now include "cut-out" spaces, particularly the terrain.
Finally, I'm going to Hurricon next week - the autumn version of Recon, which I attended in April of last year. I left the decision a bit late, as my elderly cat eats only canned food. But then I found a petsitter app and a sitter near me to visit, so that's sorted. I have signed up for a Quar game next Thursday, but am probably too late to get into most other games. I hope to sit in on Sgt. Guinness' Northwest Frontier event, but beyond that it looks like morning games in particular are often open, so I'm not too worried. Signing up for what games I can is the next step, however. Wish me luck!

Good luck at Hurricon. When you get back, a look at the Quar project?
ReplyDeleteWill do!
DeleteEnjoy the trip and you games, whatever they turn out to be!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteGood luck, hope you find some good games
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteI think I’ve heard about this Quar thingy. Looks interesting. lol.
ReplyDeleteBe sure to hit rhyfler.com to get the latest addendum. 😀