...
It's been a long month.
I did get a couple games in, but never got around to writing up the report. And work on top of the political situation have made me disinclined to write anything. My "hobby time" has mostly been spent reading and watching Youtube videos. I took the entire last week off work for a staycation, and didn't accomplish anything during it.
I also turned 48 yesterday. A little worrisome.
I may never get around to writing up the report (my showing was pretty poor, mostly due to the campaign situation) but here's a couple representative photos:
![]() |
| Spaniards v. Pirates. |
![]() |
| Spaniards scrambling to hold off a swarm of angry natives. |
That said, I've collected quite a lot for the proverbial closet of shame:
![]() |
| Five pages of Roman-era Britons. Whether I play with them doesn't really matter, building them was just so very relaxing. |
I also picked up two other box sets at my FLGS - the Warhammer 40K starter and Starfinder RPG "beginner box." I've been thinking of getting the Kill Team starter too, as the minis match my 8th edition collection. The 40K starter rules are extremely simple, the same as those in the Space Marine box. All three wargame boxes have nice card terrain in them that I'm looking forward to building and using.
Might be a while before I play anything, though; you can see the mess on my gaming table.
Two other things I brought home from the game a month ago:
![]() |
| Rubber plant, ready to cut into chunks for scatter jungle terrain. |
![]() |
| And the Big One... |





Jennifer,
ReplyDeleteYour performance is no worse than many Spanish admirals or generals......if that's a consolation! ☺
Neil
Good one!
DeleteIt was pointed out to me that I didn't have much to work with!
DeleteYou are not alone. We all have our gaming ‘closet of shame’.
ReplyDeleteYep - buy stuff, put it away... at least you get to pass yours around for other people to see and make art out of. Congrats on the publications.
DeleteCharge remains a mythical beast, missing from my collection, despite my 1st edition Featherstone War Games, Grant Programmed Wargame Scenarios, Wesencraft Practical Wargaming etc.. A great find !
ReplyDeleteIt was the second wargame book I ever read (the first was Little Wars). I do have an original hardcover volume, as well, but the Athena version has been on my radar for years with its simplicity and extra rules for other periods.
Delete