Sunday, March 30, 2025

Still a Long Month

Work hasn't been going great. I am getting tired of Florida. Still not much interested in play when I get home, despite the burgeoning collection. Or maybe it's just my table, crowded high with game boxes that are in the way of actually laying out a board and playing something! (One of the reasons I'm tempted to move is to get a second bedroom and turn that into a proper game room.)

Been doing quite a bit of reading, nearly all milhist. Finished Barbara Tuchman's classic The Guns of August, now working on The Scramble for Africa. Both quite good, but the real reason is I'm trying to clear out my bookshelves a bit, by adding to those of the club. Got a campaign game at Das Krieg Haus this morning, so I will bring some in and put on the shelves.

Hobby-wise, built some Paperboys Romans to go with the Britons, and started on the 10th edition 40K beginner set. The "beginner" rules are exactly the same as those in the Space Marine board game, which means the flame troopers can be led by an officer against a larger Tyranid horde.

Very nice "easy-to-build" figures.
Having built up my 8th edition Nurgle and Space Marine collections, I'm also tempted to pick up the current starter for Kill Team, which has some good character figures as well as (a first for GW) MDF terrain. The FLGS also has a 15% discount on GW and Warlord Games stuff.

Historical gaming? Will have to wait for a clear table! But I am still leaning towards the Athena Charge! Just need to dig back into my Wofun collection and get around to building and organizing the ones I bought last fall.

See you hopefully in a couple days with a battle report.

No comments:

Post a Comment