Sunday, June 15, 2025

Vacation and a Bit of Inspiration

Visited family in Tucson for a few days, the first real vacation I've taken in years. Need to do a couple more soonish. The flowers were blooming:

I visited the Miniature Museum, which has a pretty fantastic collection, if weak on military subjects. I did find a few:
A Victorian parlor with a few South African souvenirs
on the back wall.

An ECW-era tower.

19th century toy buildings with printed paper for details -
very much the sort Wells might have used.

The glass screwed it over, but this is a 
tavern ripe for VBCW.

Details from a living room.

Napoleonic house with party going on, some officers in attendance.

The entire house.

Part of a WWII home front street scene.

A Scottish band, around 54mm.

A modeler's table.

A T34 diorama.

Part of an antique shop - there were a LOT
of miniature antique shops!

A village street corner - would love to borrow
this and play a cityfight game on it!

A few details.

A room in a "great house."

Another shot of the village.

A "green army man" installation made by 3d-printing local residents.

A magnificent and naturalistic Japanese house.

An enormous Christmas village that reminded me of 
Oriskany Jim's Christmas Carnage.

An 18th-century Jacobite house with weapons hidden under the floor.
I also got to visit my brother, who is really good at painting 40K. (Sorry, I really should've taken some pics.) He offered to paint some of my historicals for me, so I think I will build up the 30 BEF figures and send them with appropriate images and links for him to work from.
The first two Wargames Atlantic Scottish militia.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you got away and had a holiday. I really enjoyed the photos of the Miniatures Museum. I look forward to see the painted figures, what a lovely thing of your brother to do…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I couldn't show them off at VWC, I overslept (well, the flight got in at about 1am my time...)

      Delete