In comparison with last year's post, I see that my posting rate has fallen even more, to 41 in my fourth year of blogging. Perhaps that's my "normal" rate now. This year did at least start off with a bang in the form of (heh) Blasthof.
I'm not as disappointed as I might be. Plenty of non-gaming stuff has happened this year to distract me. I haven't taken a real vacation in years, so am planning a couple visits to family and friends. After that ... who knows? I want to visit southern Ireland and Gibraltar in particular, lots of history to be found there. Also St. Augustine, which has been within reach for a decade but I still haven't gone.
- At home I've just figured out how to fit a third 2x4 table in my bedroom, so I now have a full-sized isolated table to try larger games on.
- Planning both some more Charge! test games and some small 40K experiments.
- Still have a bunch of Quar to paint.
- Lost a copy of Charles Grant's Scenarios for Wargames in the mail, but I have his different Scenarios for All Ages on the way as well.
- Also waiting on a squad of British police and two books for VBCW.
- Have volunteered to run a paint-and-take during a library DnD event in August. That will need a bit of planning, as my previous tries were exercises in what not to do...
Thanks for reading.
Balance between hobby and personal interests evolves. You have a good set of things to do and write about, if you're inclined. Posting ideas wax and wane....scenarios are always a good start.
ReplyDeleteReading always gives me ideas, and at least a few games and projects do trickle out!
DeleteCongratulations on four years! I don't think the quantity of posts is that important. Real life does occasionally throw a monkey wrench into the works, but by the same token one shouldn't get into the habit of posting just to post something.
ReplyDeleteFair enough. I have focused more on quality over quantity - which means delay more often than not. And I sometimes regard quantity AS quality, in the sense of having a nice long post with lots of pictures even if the writing and pics are of nothing much, which still means delay to assemble and edit it all.
DeleteCongratulations on your fourth year Blogaversary. Thinking aloud as an online journal, Blog Posting rates will vary, sometimes spaced out, other weeks all cramming for attention for several posts a week. I hope your paint n take DnD goes well, along with your vacations, which must give you lots more to think and post about.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Mark, for the good wishes and the inspiration!
Delete