Work and home have taken up a lot of my time lately. A sudden parental visit coinciding with a week-off and some urgent tasks at work have led to not much time to game. A few things I'm desultorily working on:
I do witter on a lot about books on this blog, but I discovered something useful today. The popular ebook app Libby (until recently known as Overdrive) has free access to two well-known wargaming magazines:
![]() |
| Screenshot from my library's catalog. |
The other gaming thing I've done is start in to painting the classic 3rd Edition Warhammer 40K ruin I bought at Recon:
Thus far, I've undercoated it in Chaos Black and based it in Army Painter Castle Grey, damaging a large basecoating brush in the process while trying to get inside all the windows. I may do another thinner coat; then I intend to shade it with Agrax Earthshade and highlight with Ash Grey for an aged, stony look. I'm undecided whether to layer, edge or drybrush the highlight, though; any suggestions? Maybe layer, then edge with an even lighter color. I've also just noticed that there are wooden slats at the edge of the broken floor, which should probably be in some sort of brown... I've been watching too many Youtube painting videos.
Finally, I reread Return of the Twelves. I never get tired of that one.
.png)

No comments:
Post a Comment